Tuscany Italy Europe
Tuscany is a region in central Italy with an area of about 23,000 square kilometres (8,900 square miles) and a population of about 4 million inhabitants. The regional capital is Florence (Firenze).
Tuscany is known for its landscapes, traditions, history, artistic legacy, and its influence on high culture. It is regarded as the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance and has been home to many figures influential in the history of art and science, and contains well-known museums such as the Uffizi and the Pitti Palace. Tuscany produces wines, including Chianti, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Morellino di Scansano and Brunello di Montalcino. Having a strong linguistic and cultural identity, it is sometimes considered "a nation within a nation".
Tuscany is traditionally a popular destination in Italy, and the main tourist destinations by number of tourist arrivals in 2014 were Florence, Pisa, Montecatini Terme, Castiglione della Pescaia and Grosseto. The village of Castiglione della Pescaia is the most visited seaside destination in the region, with seaside tourism accounting for approximately 40% of tourist arrivals in Tuscany. Additionally, Siena, Lucca, the Chianti region, Versilia and Val d'Orcia are also internationally renowned and particularly popular spots among travellers.
Seven Tuscan localities have been designated World Heritage Sites: the historic centre of Florence (1982); the Cathedral square of Pisa (1987); the historical centre of San Gimignano (1990); the historical centre of Siena (1995); the historical centre of Pienza (1996); the Val d'Orcia (2004), and the Medici Villas and Gardens (2013). Tuscany has over 120 protected nature reserves, making Tuscany and its capital Florence popular tourist destinations that attract millions of tourists every year.
- Florence: Renaissance
art & Brunelleschi's Duomo
- Pisa: Tuscan home of the Leaning Tower of
- Siena: Palazzo Pubblico & Palio horse race
- Elba:Napoleonic Residences Museum & beaches
- San Gimignano: Renaissance frescoes & the
- Lucca: Walled Tuscan town with Puccini Museum
- Livorno: Terrazza Mascagni, canals & seafood
- Pienza: Renaissance, wine, agritourism,
- Montepulciano: Wine, vineyards, churches,
- Volterra: Palazzo dei Priori & Volterra
- Arezzo: Arezzo Cathedral & Medicean Fortess
- Isola del Giglio: Beaches, lighthouses,
harbors, hiking, wine
- Cortona: Wine, churches, museums, cathedrals,
- Montalcino: Wine, vineyards, wineries,
castles, wine tasting
- Portoferraio: Beaches, harbors, churches,
roman villa, marinas
- Viareggio: Carnival celebrations & Villa
- Monteriggioni: Dante Alighieri, wine,
castles, churches, abbeys
- Pistoia: San Zeno Cathedral & Palazzo dei
- Montecatini Terme: Hot springs, shopping,
wine, vineyards, wine tasting
- Pitigliano: Wine, synagogues, judaism,
- Prato: Museums, castles, concerts, monuments,
- Piombino: Beaches, harbors, museums, nature
- Carrara: Michelangelo, sculpture, caves,
- Forte dei Marmi: Beaches, seaside resorts,
shopping, nightlife, art
- Grosseto: Markets, monuments, shopping,
- Castiglione della Pescaia: Beaches, harbors,
seaside resorts, castles, hiking
- Castellina in Chianti: Wineries, museums,
vineyards, wine, wine tasting
- Colle di Val d'Elsa: Agritourism,
museums,theater, churches, convents
- Pietrasanta: Sculpture, art, Michelangelo,
- San Quirico d'Orcia: Wine, churches, abbeys,
- Radda in Chianti: Wine, wine tasting,
castles, walking, shopping
- Capalbio: Beaches, seaside resorts, castles,
- Bagno Vignoni: Hot Springs, hiking
- Chianciano Terme: Museums, hot springs, wine,
- Arcipelago Toscano National Park: Nature
- Massa: Beaches, cathedrals, monuments,
seaside resorts, castles
- Follonica: Beaches, water parks, seaside
resorts, nature reserves, markets
- Certaldo: Middle ages, wine, churches,
museums, wine tasting
- Orbetello: Camping, lagoons, flamingos,
- Massa Marittima: Opera, museums, cathedrals,
Tuscany is a traditionally popular destination in Italy, and the main tourist destinations by number of tourist arrivals are Florence, Pisa, Montecatini Terme, Castiglione della Pescaia and Grosseto. Additionally, the Chianti region, Versilia and Val d'Orcia are also internationally renowned and particularly popular spots among travellers.
As far as seaside tourism is concerned, which represents 40% of tourist arrivals in the region, Castiglione della Pescaia's sea has been repeatedly nominated as Italy's best sea by the Italian non-governmental environmentalist organisation Legambiente. Castiglione gained the first place in the most recent ranking too, published in 2018. The town is also the most visited seaside destination in Tuscany, and fourth most visited overall. Other popular seaside destination are Grosseto (second most popular after Castiglione), Orbetello (third most popular), Monte Argentario, Viareggio, Elba and Giglio Island.
Many towns and cities in Tuscany have great natural and architectural beauty. There are many visitors throughout the year. As a result, the services and distribution activities, so important to the region's economy, are wide-ranging and well-organised.
- Tuscany Cuisine:
Tuscany produces wines, including Chianti, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Morellino di Scansano, Brunello di Montalcino.
Tuscan foods includes Olive oil, bread, cheese, truffles, Beef known as Chianina and Florentine steak, Cinta Senese breed of pork, legumes, vegetables, mushrooms and fresh fruit
- Figures influential in the history of art and science in Tuscany: Cimabue, Giotto, Andrea Pisano,renewers of architecture and sculpture; Brunelleschi, Donatello, Masaccio, Ghiberti, Della Robbias, Filippo Lippi and Angelico; Botticelli, Paolo Uccello, the universal genius of Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo. Duccio, Simone Martini; Pietro and Ambrogio Lorenzetti; Domenico and Taddeo di Bartolo; and Sassetta and Matteo di Giovanni. Beccafumi, Il Sodoma. Dante Alighieri, Petrarch, Giovanni Boccaccio, Niccolò Machiavelli, Francesco Guicciardini, Pietro Mascagni.
- Tags: Tuscany.Italy - Tuscany.UE - Tuscany.Europe - Tuscany.eu - Tuscany.eu.com - tuscany.com - tuscany.it - Tuscany.Commercial - Tuscany.ue.com - Tuscany.Europa - Tuscany.EuropeanUnion - Toskana.eu.com - Toscana.eu.com - Toscana.it - Tuscany.it - Tuscany.Italy - Siena.Tuscany.it - Toscana.travel - European Union
- Seo: www, tuscany, eu, com, tuscany, italy, europe, european, union, mobile, European Union
- Tourist Companies,
Phone: +39 338 12 26 421
Funder: Carlos Alexander Murrocu
VAT Number: IT01372960524
Tuscany .eu - Tuscany
- Founder: Carlos Alexander Murrocu
- Codice Fiscale: MRRCLS84T26Z509Y
- Partita Iva (Unione Europea): IT01372960524
- Numero REA: SI - 142743
- Fisso: +390578749911
- Mobile: +393381226421
- Indirizzo Sede: Pienza (Siena) Corso Rossellino 97 cap 53026
- Attività Prevalente: Attività di Affittacamere B&B.
- Attività Secondaria esercitata: e.Commerce - Portali Web.
- Registro Imprese di Siena.
Copyright © Nugole.Com
- Codice Ateco: 55.20.51 affittacamere per brevi soggiorni, case ed appartamenti per vacanze, bed and breakfast, residence.
- Codice Ateco: 47.91.1 Commercio al dettaglio di qualsiasi tipo di prodotto effettuato via internet - portale web.